November 15, 2013

By way of opening

This is a blog about early modern (English) history. I will mostly write about the concepts of time, progress, future and utopia that are the main focus of my PhD, but other topics may arise. My master’s thesis was about John Donne so he may feature. The primary sources in my PhD are the writings of the first generation Quakers so I will definitely write about them, as well as other topics related to Christianity, especially mid-seventeenth-century English sectarianism.

Despite the focus on history, I may occasionally write about other topics as well, depending on my mood. Hopefully you will find everything interesting nonetheless and will return. I try to write a new post every Monday. In the meanwhile, you can follow me on Twitter and G+ for more flexible conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment